I am so thrilled to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Alex over at Sincerely Alex. Thank you Alex! She’s created a beautiful place for you to sit and enjoy reading her lifestyle blog. Head on over and check her out!
I was also nominated by Caitlin over at flannelgraphs. Thank you Caitlin! And please, get a cup of coffee, get cozy, and check out her blog about homemaking and family life.
So, what is a Liebster Award you ask?
In German, “liebster” means dearest or beloved. In the world of blogging, a Liebster Award is given by bloggers to new up and coming bloggers within the writing community.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the nominator
- Nominate 11 new up and coming favorite blogs
- Create a list of 11 questions for your nominees to answer
Since Alex was first to nominate me, I have answered her following questions:
- Aside from blogging, what are some of your favorite hobbies? I grew up with two loves, reading and dancing. I spent my childhood with my nose in every Goosebumps and The Babysitters Club books I could find. Dancing? I came out of the womb dancing. Although I’ve hung up that hat, I still love to go out every once in a while and break it down with my ladies (my beautiful friend on the left and me on the right)……or be a nerd at home and YouTube hip hop choreography by Matt Steffanina.
- What is your favorite place in the world that you have been? Hands down the Sacred Blue Cenote Ik’Kil in Chichen Itza. My husband and I visited the Mayan ruins while on our honeymoon in Riviera Maya, Mexico. On our excursion we stopped at the Sacred Cenote that is beautiful beyond words.
- What is the one place in the world that you would most like to visit (that you haven’t already)? I would love to visit the National parks on the west coast with redwood trees that are 30 feet wide and up to 3,000 years old. That would be a site to see!
- Any pets? Tell me about them! If you can call her a pet. She is our 9 year old Golden Retriever who thinks she is just one of the kids… which she is. Her name is Annie and I believe she is my soul mate, along with my husband of course!
- What do you love most about blogging? Encouraging other mommas and letting them know they aren’t alone on this crazy beautiful journey through motherhood. Creating a space to accept each others flaws and share our hearts. I want to inspire mommas to cheer each other on through all our differences.
- What is something you’ve done or achieved with your blog so far that you are most proud of? Starting it. I have journals upon journals scattered throughout my house. I love to write and have since I can remember, but I’ve never shared my writing with anyone other than school teachers and college professors. That’s until I thought that I may want to freelance write. As I was looking into it, I realized that most freelance writers have blogs to showcase their writing. A sort of resume. I started my blog thinking it would be lost in cyber space where no one would find it. But, my husband encouraged me to share my heart with other mommas. That was a big step out of my comfort zone!
- What was the inspiration behind the name of your blog? We are all Simply Flawed. As mommas, we feel like we have to have it all together, know it all, and look good doing it. I am here to say I do not have it all together, I don’t know it all, and I usually don’t look good doing it. We do not have to expect perfection from ourselves or each other. We can admit our flaws and embrace our differences. They make us who we are. It’s a beautiful mess.
- If you won $1 million right now, what would you do with it? I’m sorry to say, I don’t have a fun crazy answer for this one! To be honest? I am so conservative. I would pay off our house, set aside money for college and weddings, then any leftover would go toward retirement.
- What food are you craving right now? Candy, always candy. Hi, my name is Lana and I have a sugar addiction.
- What is one film that always, without fail, makes you cry? Home. If you have littles I can guarantee you’ve seen it. But, if you haven’t? You need to! Yes, it’s a kids movie… and I’ve watched it approximately 274 times… and I’ve cried every single time. The ending takes a hold of a mommas heart and I have to hold back the sobs. It’s embarrassing!
- What is something you read recently that really inspired or motivated you? Give us the title or share a link to it! I am thrilled to have received this question. I am part of Becky Thompson’s launch team for her new book, Hope Unfolding: Grace-Filled Truth for the Momma’s Heart. Becky makes you feel like you’re an old friend sitting in her living room, drinking coffee and talking about life and motherhood. It’s a breath of fresh air and holds so much truth. If you read it, I can guarantee it will touch you deep down to your core. Her book release is only a few days away! Go ahead and get your copy, you won’t regret it.
Thank you again, Alex and Caitlin!
Now, for my nominees:
Elise at Boys and Blessings
Suzi at Start A Mom Blog
Paige at A Paige In A Book
Starr at Starrhealthyself
Erika at Operationalize Beauty
Sarah at Bitchy But Bubbly
Jadyn at Nesting Ever After
Athena at SUPERbusyMOM 2.0
Emily at The Candid Women
Julia at A Glutenfree Road
Faith at FAITHAERIEL
Ladies, my 11 questions for you!
- Who is your favorite blogger? Link and share with the rest of us!
- How did you first get involved with blogging?
- What do you do for a living?
- What does a night out with your girls look like?
- The controversial question, are leggings pants?
- Favorite childhood memory?
- City girl or country girl?
- What is your all time favorite book?
- Where do you write from? (the couch, desk, bed, outdoors…)
- Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?
- How do you like your coffee?
Happy Friday my Simply Flawed friends!